Friday, July 20, 2007

Kiddos

Why is it so hard for me to believe that my children are truly mine? I look at them each and every day in absolute amazement. I feel like I'm living a dream. I cannot believe my husband and I created these two beautiful human beings. I know it happens everyday, babies are born all over the world, but my children make me feel so special. I feel like I've been giving such an unique and amazing gift.

I love watching the two of them grow and develop. My son is so smart. I feel like he is special in so many ways. His personality has really blossomed over the past year. I grew up with three sisters, so having a son has been a real treat. Little boys are so much fun, very different from girls. I'm still trying to get to know my daughter; I'm not really sure who she is just yet and I'm still trying to get used to the girl thing. I do know she is gorgeous. I'm not sure how I managed to create a blue-eyed, blond hair baby, but believe me she's mine. I pushed an hour and a half to get her out; I've earned the right to call her mine!

I get so excited when the end of my work day rolls around, b/c I can't wait to see their smiling faces. I love them so much it physically hurts. I feel like the luckiest woman on this earth!!

You know what's really funny? Having children really does make you appreciate your parents. I've never admitted that to my mom and dad (don't tell them, that would make them way too happy). I can't believe my mother raised four girls.

I'm convinced that being a parent is the most difficult yet rewarding job.

3 comments:

Zayannee said...

AWWWWW look at those babies, they are soooooo sweet! Good post I love it almost as much as I love you xoxoxo!!!

Mandy said...

I think I know what you mean! Don't you just feel LUCKY some days...like you couldn't possible deserve these amazing little people!

And then there are days like today...Ava has either been eating or crying since 6AM!

Mandy said...

BTW...That is the cutest picture of Grant EVER!